Back

Lanškroun - city walls

Menu
GPS 49°54'50"N 16°36'47"E (xx km)
376 m above sea level
swipe

The city walls, which Emperor Charles IV commissioned the construction of in 1351. Five years later Lanškroun is documented as a fortified city. Entry was secured by entrance gates. The building called Piano now stands on the site of the former northeast gate. The fortification was reinforced in the 16th and 17th century but in 1790 and 1791 the walls were torn down. Only fragments of the fortification walls remain preserved to the present.


Category city fortification