Back

Park at the church of Mary Magdalene

Menu
Czech name Park u kostela sv. Máří Magdalény
GPS 49°54'38"N 16°36'34"E (xx km)
368 m above sea level
swipe

A park was established on the site of the old cemetery which was no longer in use from 1893. The valuable tombstones were transferred to the Church of St. Anne and the only tombstones left are those of 14 Prussian hussars fallen near Damník in the Prussian-Austrian war of 1876 and two tombstones by the church wall. The former Augustinian Monastery founded in 1371 used to stand here, but it was already moved in 1393 due to dampness which today's chateau suffers from.


Category park, sculpture / burial site