Back

Column with a statue of the Madonna

Menu
Czech name Sloup se sochou Madony
Address nám. Aloise Jiráska
GPS 49°54'47"N 16°36'47"E (xx km)
372 m above sea level
swipe

The column was built before 1705 (unknown author). This column was commissioned by the Sazava Reeve Rossler as a sign of gratitude that his family survived the plague. The Madonna and child, with crowns on their heads, stand on a globe with a snake and half-moon. Statues on the column with a Corinthian capital. The pedastal is prismal with an arcade.


Category crucifix/small sacred building