Back

Column with a statue of the Immaculate Virgin Mary

Menu
Czech name Sloup se sochou P. Marie Immaculaty
Address J.M. Marků
GPS 49°54'43"N 16°36'42"E (xx km)
383 m above sea level
swipe

Baroque sculpture was launched by a series of plague columns in the style of Prague's Bendl. The first column is the Lanškroun one, which was erected at the cost of the city in 1684. It was built by A. Castelli of Kyšperk (Letohrad), the scupltor was H. A. Beyerhoff and the stonemason was K. Wölff, both of whom were from Kladsko. The podium has several levels and is fitted with a prismatic base featuring inscriptions including the dedication inscription with a relief crown, the symbol of the city of Lanškroun.


Category plague / Marian / Holy Trinity Column
Date of construction 1684